Through this scheme, programmes are undertaken for upgradation/ propagation of technologies aimed at raising the quality of life of the women and rural population, improvement of traditional village/ cottage industries, weaving, spinning etc. New and enhanced scientific and technological ideas are introduced through field demonstration, interactive workshops to open out avenues for income generation. Thrust is laid on removal of drudgery among the women folk in rural areas. Women in the forefront of S&T are also encouraged for their contribution under this scheme
- A study has been carried out on Community Information Centre(CIC), Kamrup for setting up Village Resource Centre in Kamrup district during May, 2005
- Chandrapur CIC ,Panikhati (Chandrapur Block Development)
- Dimoria CIC (Sonapur Circle Office)
- Rani CIC (Rani Block Development)
- Sualkuchi CIC(Sualkuchi Block Development)
- Organised State Level Student Science Fair'05 on Science & Technology for rural Development held at Regional Science Centres, Khanapara, Guwahati during October 26-28, 2005.
- Workshop cum Training on Soil & Water Testing Kit for household use of two hill districts. (Karbi Anglong, N.C. Hills).
- Workshop cum training programmes were organized for making decorative items from banana fibres at Hamren, Karbi Anglong, Baihata Chariali and Sonitpur.
- A training programme on preparation of Jam -Jelly and preservation of fruits was organized at North Lakhimpur.
- Science based activity was organized in N.C. Hills District by SSEAEP, Nagaon.