The Science & Technology Division of the Council has been initiating and supporting research & development programme in selected areas related to location specific problems, applied nature and also the emerging areas in agriculture, horticulture, sericulture, health and nutrition. Pure and basic research in science and engineering are also supported under this scheme. Following are the projects that are supported through the Division.
- Assessment of risk due to intake of artificial colours through foodstuffs available in undivided Kamrup district of Assam by Life Science Division, IASST, Guwahati.
- Vegetation-cover dynamics mapping and afforestation sites within Guwahati city, Assam by ARSAC, ASTEC.
- Determination of high alcoholic content from different substance by using certain fungi and bacteria by the Department of Chemistry, Gauhati University.
- Investigation on utility of some aquatic plants in removing heavy metal pollutants from the aquatic bodies of Assam by Department of Biotechnology, Gauhati University.
- The study of high energy interactions in photo nuclear emulsion and ages of mineral rocks by fission track dating method by Department of Physics, Cotton College, Guwahati.
- Medicinal plants germplasm repository: Establishment of propagation center by Department of Life Science, Dibrugarh University.
- Design of a programmable electronic ringer integrated to a Digital Clock by Department of Electronics, LCB College, Guwahati.