A project supported and catalysed by the Ministry of Environment & Forests, Govt. of India aims to formulate better methodologies to achieve the beneficiaries of environmental management, so that the common masses get the reward. The project is to employ Information Technology to generate database system on local condition, issues, themes and various relevant subjects. The Assam Centre of ENVIS situated at ASTE Council has been assigned with subject area of "State Environment Related Issues" since last four years.
1. Development of an information network through inclusion of varying subject areas, themes, local conditions, issues, information/ data needs of the country pertaining to environment.
2. To develop a network by increasing the participating institutions devoted in various sectors on environment.
3. Use of latest Information Communication Technology (ICT Tools) to widen and modernize the circle of ENVIS.
4. Finally to achieve a nation wide web enabled network on environmental information with local language interface to be added gradually through the development of capacity enhancement Programmes.
1. Publication of quarterly newsletter
2. Collection and dissemination of state environment related information of Assam
3. Sensitisation of people on environmental documentation.
For latest update on ENVIS Centre Assam click on http://asmenvis.nic.in