Supported by Ministry of Environment & Forests, Govt. of India, this project has been formulated to establish Eco-Clubs in schools to constitute a National Green Corps (NGC) with a prime aim to generate awareness for environmental concern amongst a group of responsible citizens. ASTEC has been appointed by the Govt. of Assam as the Nodal Agency for the state of Assam and its Director as the Nodal Officer. Books and booklets received from MoEF, Govt. of India and Centre for Environment Education (CEE), NE have been received and distributed.
To generate awareness amongst the students and common masses.
1. In-door and Out-door activities in some districts undertaken.
2. Plantation Drive in some districts undertaken.
3. An additional amount to districts of Darrang, Tinsukia, Golaghat, Jorhat, Nagaon, Sonitpur and Dhemaji released.
4. A State Level NGC Meet held during January'2006 at Guwahati.
5. A Regional Level NGC Meet of Chief Secretaries & Secy. Environment & Forests of the States of North Eastern region held during January 2006 at Guwahati.